R.G.C.C. (CANCER TEST aka THE GREEK TEST)
PERSONALIZED CANCER TESTING
- Early detection
- Personalized treatment of cancer
- Chemosensitivity testing
R.G.C.C. Group offers a range of individualized tests from a world-class molecular oncology laboratory based in Northern Greece.
These tests can…
- Detect early signs of a developing cancer
- Help to monitor existing cancers
- Produce an individual profile of which cancer drugs and which natural substances can be used to achieve the best treatment outcomes
CIRCULATING TUMOR CELLS
- The early detection and diagnosis of new cancers
- Monitoring existing cancers
- Prognosis – providing information about the risk of recurrence of a current or old cancer
R.G.C.C. Group offers general assays for CTC’s and for specific cancers, including breast, colorectal, prostate, malignant melonoma and sarcomas.
There is a growing interest in personalized treatments and the identification of suitable treatments that may work best for the individual with cancer. Chemosensitivity testing is one method of doing this.
Cancer doctors primary rely on the standard analysis of large treatment trials to decide which drugs to use for specific cancers. Chemosensitivity testing involves testing on individual cancer cells in the laboratory to see which drugs and which natural substances demonstrate the best response.
Chemosensitivity testing provides information and guidance about the treatments and, in particular, what treatments may be best suited to the individual in clinical practice.
The R.G.C.C. Group test is a blood test (or sometimes tissue). Tumor cells are identified and isolated from the sample for the following analysis…
- Viability testing of chemotherapy drugs
- Genetic profiling for guidance about targeted therapies e.g. monoclonal antibodies
- Viability testing (and identification of mechanisms of action) of natural substances which may be used as part of a complementary treatment strategy
The results are presented in a written report which the doctor can use to help guide treatment options and choices. In addition, R.G.C.C. Group can provide information about how an individual will ‘handle’ specific chemotherapy agents. Our genetic makeup determines whether we are ‘accumulators’ or ‘rapid metabolizers’ of certain drugs.
This can play a critical role in determining how effective a specific treatment is likely to be for us, and how significant the side effects will be. R.G.C.C. Group is a world class laboratory which specializes in medical genetics and in particular cancer genetics, providing a global service.
Hence the usage of the R.G.C.C. Group test is to detect in which therapeutic approach the cancer cell may respond and also during remission, it is essential to detect, discover and explore the features of the disseminated cancer stem cell like, in order to delay further the risk of relapse and also to generate options to treat even these kinds of cells. The main goal is to discover, analyze and screen the cancer cells in every step of the disease.
Want more information ? E-mail us at email@example.com for the full R.G.C.C. Report.
Follow us on instagram
Our Doctors have been featured in: