The best animal sources for B-12 are beef liver, clams, salmon steak, lamb, lobster, beef, tuna, cheese, milk, halibut, eggs and chicken. The best non-animal sources include nori, wakame, kombu, arame, super blue green algae, chlorella and spirulina. However, there is debate over the reliability of animal and non-animal sources of Vitamin B-12.
Vitamin B-12 is better absorbed via injection because it goes directly into the blood stream. There are also different types of B-12 and the best type is methylcobalamin.
POSSIBLE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS FROM A VITAMIN B12 DEFICIENCY INCLUDE:
- Pernicious anemia, anemia of pregnancy or anemia
- Allergies- asthma, contact or atopic dermatitis
- Canker sores
- Viral hepatitis
- Herpes zoster
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Diabetic neuropathies
- Neuralgias (B-12 is important for the synthesis of myelin sheaths)
- Senile dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Bone spurs in feet
- Stop smoking
- Heart disease or osteoporosis related to elevated levels of homocysteine
Check your Vitamin B-12 levels today!