COMPREHENSIVE STOOL ANALYSIS
IMPORTANCE OF THE COMPREHENSIVE STOOL ANALYSIS
Many chronic disorders come from digestive problems and inadequate nutrient absorption. Even with a very complete and balanced diet, nutrients have to be properly digested to transport vitamins to different parts of the body. Proper gastrointestinal functioning also ensures elimination of toxic molecules, microbes and undigested food particles from the body to prevent infections, toxic reactions, allergies and other health problems.
The negative role of abnormal intestinal microorganisms in gastrointestinal disorders is widely known. However, research also shows the relationship between the gastrointestinal and other systems in the body, such as the neurological, hepatic and immune systems.
For example, excessive yeast produces toxic metabolites, which can pass through the blood-brain barrier and alter neurological functioning causing “brain fog,” behavior problems and learning difficulties. Exposure to certain pathogens can cause the formation of certain antibodies that can interfere with the brain in predisposed individuals causing problems with motor function. Excess of toxic byproducts of certain can interfere with neurotransmitters and cause fatigue. Beneficial bacteria, on the other hand, help with vitamin absorption and preventing infections.
The comprehensive stool analysis detects the presence of pathogenic yeast, parasites and bacteria, which could be contributing to chronic illness and neurological dysfunction. It provides helpful information about prescription and natural products effective against specific microorganism strains detected in the sample. The test also evaluates beneficial bacteria levels, intestinal immune function, overall intestinal health (presence of occult blood, short chain fatty acids analysis, pH, mucus and other criteria) and inflammation markers.
RECOMMENDED FOR THE FOLLOWING DISORDERS
- Arthritis, Articular or Muscular Pain
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia
- Diarrhea, Constipation, Abdominal Distention
- Food Allergies
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Movement Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Skin conditions and Acne
- Tic Disorder
- Tourette Syndrome
- Vitamin or Mineral Deficiencies
- Weight Changes
- Yeast Infections
COMPREHENSIVE STOOL EVALUATION WILL GIVE YOU SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE FOLLOWING DIGESTIVE CRITERIA
- Nutrients digestion (chymotrypsin, triglycerides, muscle fibers, vegetable fibers)
- Absorption of nutrients (cholesterol, carbohydrates, steatocrit %)
- Elimination efficiency of undigested food residues and toxins
- Levels of healthy bacterial flora versus presence of potentially pathogenic bacteria species, yeast and parasites
- Culture and sensitivities of pathogenic yeast and bacteria
- Infectious pathogens: (EIA evaluation for Campylobacter, Enterohemorrhagic E. coli cytotoxin, Giardia lamblia, Cryptosporidium)
- Indices and markers of intestinal immune function (fecal sIgA)
- Indices and markers of inflammation (lysozyme and lactoferrin levels)
- Indices and markers of intestinal physiology and o intestinal health (presence of RBC, WBC, mucus, occult blood, fecal pH, and short chain fatty acids analysis)
Follow us on instagram
Become an educated consumer with our Indigo Blogs and prevent dis-ease.
Our Doctors have been featured in: