We all know that beauty begins from within…and that starts with the nourishment we give our bodies. Start your morning with a delicious Glowing Skin smoothie. A rich, creamy and sweet blend of avocado, banana, mango, and pineapple in a coconut water base provides ample hydration and Vitamin C (essential for producing collagen, a protein that helps maintain skin tone and plumpness). Mix in spinach and/or kale to your liking for that superfood finishing touch.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1/2 cup plain coconut water (or more as needed)
- 2 frozen bananas (previously peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
HOW TO PREPARE
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender such as a Ninja or Vitamix.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed.
- Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add more coconut water if needed to thin out. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
Coconut Water: If you don’t have or care for coconut water, use cashew milk (it’s thicker than almond milk) or another milk substitute. You can also use water or an organic juice, but this will change the consistency.
Substitutions: You can use different fruits, such as strawberries and peach, in place of the mango or banana. Again, this will change the consistency so be mindful of that as well as the different nutrient profiles of other fruits. You will want to choose fruits high in vitamin C. Make sure your fruit is organic for best results as you want to minimize toxins going into the body.
Powders: You can always add your favorite fermented greens, collagen, or antioxidant blend powders in your Glowing Skin smoothie. Our favorites are anything from Beauty Chef like Glow Inner Beauty Powder, Deep Collagen Inner Beauty Support, or try Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Glow, and take with your Indigo Formulations Beauty Formula.