Revive Your Skin & Senses with Roses – Rosewater & Rose Essential Oil
In a variety of herbal medicine traditions, including Ayurveda, roses are highly regarded for its soothing qualities. The rose plant has an alluring scent that carries over from the plant to its essential oils. The oils of rose contain anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Across the globe, people have used rose oil and rosewater for beauty routines to soothe and nourish the skin. Revive your skin and awaken your senses by adding rosewater or rose oil to your beauty and wellness regimen!
In a skin care routine, rosewater or rose oil may be used to purify and tone the skin. It is a common ingredient in tinctures and creams (both naturopathic and commercial) to nourish and support skin health.
What is unique about rose is that it is very good for all skin tones, as long as there is no known allergy. Rosewater can help balance oily skin while rose oil can soften and heal dry, irritated skin.
Tips for Using Rosewater
- Refreshing face mist in warm weather
- Mixer for natural clay masks
- Cleanser and toner
- Added to bathwater with rose oil
- Room mister prior to meditation
Tips for Using Rose Oil
- For dry skin, dab on areas of concern
- Add to rose water to mix a clay mask or other purifying mask
- Use after showering
- As a perfume, dab on pulse points
- To moisten and nourish dry lips
Revive your skin and awaken your senses by adding rosewater or rose oil to your beauty and wellness regiment!
- Ayurvedahome. “Importance of Rosewater in Ayurveda Beauty Care,” December 1, 2021.
- Mohebitabar, S., et al. “Therapeutic Efficacy of Rose Oil: A Comprehensive Review of Clinical Evidence.” Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicine 7, no. 3 (June 2017): 206–13.