Easy, quick and super delicious, what more can you ask for in a recipe? These Satay Noodles are creamy, nutritious and delicious. What’s the secret? It’s in the sauce. A blend of nut and seed butter, coconut milk, tamari, chilli and spices.
- 200g packet dry rice noodles
- 2 carrots, spiralised or thinly shaved
- 1 c celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c organic silken tofu, cubed
- 1 green capsicum , diced
- 1/2 c organic raw cashew nuts, crushed or chopped
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped
- few springs fresh cilantro/coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1cm knob ginger
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- Submerge rice noodles in large bowl of boiling water for 3+ minutes until softened. Drain and set aside.
- Place all satay sauce ingredients in a high speed blender and whizz till silky smooth.
- Combine carrots, celery, tofu and capsicum in a bowl with rice noodles and stir through the satay sauce. Add a little at a time, stir and more as desired. Careful not to break the noodles as you combine.
- Serve into bowls, top with chives, crushed nuts, coriander and enjoy!
- Hippie Lane app.